Spotlight on the impact of pain in dementia
The session will explain how pain may be experienced by a person with dementia and the impact it may have on both the person you care for and you as a carer.
There will be an opportunity to explore the impact and consequences of pain for a person with dementia and how taking different approaches may improve pain management and wellbeing.
This session is for you if you would like to:
- Gain a better understanding of pain and the implications for someone with dementia
- Understand the risk factors and consequences for both you and the person you care for
- Learn how pain can be identified and managed effectively with tips and strategies
- Discuss the emotional impact of pain for both yourself and the person with dementia
- Spend time with experienced healthcare professionals who will answer your questions in a safe, supportive environment
- Meet other people who are looking after a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation
Our courses for family carers are designed specifically for family and friends of people with dementia however we do understand that sometimes attending as a professional can be useful. It will enable you to recommend our courses to family and friends of people with dementia that you support, and to find out more about how carers feel about the issues that they face with different types of dementia. There is a cost associated with attending our courses as a professional, get in touch to find out more – email@example.com