The session aims to provide an overview of the condition referred to as delirium and the impact it may have for a person with dementia and you as a carer.
There will be an opportunity to explore the impact of this common and serious condition which a high risk for a person with dementia but often missed as both conditions are quite similar in how they present.
This session is for you if you would like to:
- gain a better understanding of delirium
- learn what to look out for and therefore how to identify an episode early on
- develop ways to prevent episodes of delirium
- discuss the emotional impact of delirium on yourself and the person with dementia
- spend time with experienced healthcare professionals who will answer your questions in a safe, supportive environment
- meet other people who are taking care of a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation