Caring about meaningful activity one-day course
Why join this one-day course?
For a person with dementia, activity helps to retain a sense of purpose, supports wellbeing and can help the person to use remaining abilities and skills.
This one-day workshop will help you to understand what makes activities meaningful for the person you care for and for yourself as a carer.
We will be exploring how activities can be adapted to an individual’s needs and experiences and how they can meet our social and psychological needs.
We will be sharing ideas, resources and experiences with each other and having an opportunity to consider your needs as a family carer.
The session is for you if you would like to …
- Know more about why activities are important
- Explore the different needs an individual has and how activities might meet these
- Consider some hints and tips about how to get someone involved in activities
- Spend time with experienced health and social care professionals who will answer your questions in a safe and supportive environment
- Meet other people who are taking care of a friend or family member with dementia who maybe having similar experiences
Where will the course take place?
This one-day course will take place at:
Forward Carers CIC
Touchbase Pears Business Centre,
750 Bristol Rd,
Birmingham B29 6NA