Supporting Dementia Carers Count makes good business sense
There are so many reasons to become one of our corporate partners
- Engaging staff in fundraising and volunteering equals great team building. You will not only attract, motivate and retain staff, but also develop your staff’s skills, including communication, teamwork, time-management and more.
- Increase brand awareness and strengthen your brand. Helping us can help your business by raising your profile – our website traffic alone reaches 52,000 each year, and by the time our new centre opens we will be supporting 5,000 carers a year through our face-to-face courses alone.
- We are also here for you; to help support your employees and customers should they need us. By working with partner organisations, we can develop a tailored approach to supporting dementia carers within your community. DCC has a unique capability to access and understand the needs and develop a bespoke, agile, cost effective and high-quality package to support those within your community caring for a family member or friend with dementia.
- Knowing your support will make a difference and change lives, and all along the way you, your employees, customers and suppliers will be having fun and inspiring others as you demonstrate your company’s commitment to supporting dementia carers and increase customer loyalty.
Corporate support is vital in enabling us to help our carers learn how to make life manageable and maintain their own health and well-being that is vital in being able to support those with dementia.
Every business is different and so are our partnerships. Whether you want to develop a long-term partnership or make a one-off donation, our fundraising team is here to make things run smoothly.
Charity of the Year
Make DCC your company’s charity of the year and commit to focusing your donations and fundraising for a whole year. A dedicated member of our fundraising team will support you in engaging your employees, customers and suppliers and build recognition of your support for the vital services that we provide.
From bake sales, dress-down days, and quiz events to auctions, golf days, runs and challenges, and bespoke events – engage, motivate and inspire your team to fundraise and we’ll be on hand with ideas and encouragement! What about organising an auction? It’s easy to do using internal email and chat – prizes could be sourced from suppliers and local companies, or it could be a ‘promises auction’, perhaps the “Big Cheese” would even donate an extra day’s leave or a Christmas shopping day for the winning bid.
As Dementia Carers Count continues to grow, we will be hosting more events – this includes information events and fundraising events and each of these present a great opportunity for win-win sponsorship opportunities. You reduce our costs so we can spend more on supporting dementia carers and in return we deliver excellent PR, marketing and client engagement opportunities for your business. Whether you want to sponsor a specific event, like our annual Every Small Step event or some of our materials, we are happy to develop a sponsorship package in partnership with you.
Cause related marketing
Make a donation to Dementia Carers Count for every sale of a particular product or service, and if we can, we will promote your offer to our supporters.
Easy ways to fundraising in your workplace
Collection Boxes – one of the easiest ways to support Dementia Carers Count is by requesting a collection box. Put it where people can see it – and ask your staff and customers to share their support my contributing loose change.
Payroll Giving – also known as workplace giving or give as you earn – is a simple and tax-free way to support DCC. It allows employees to donate straight from their salary before tax is deducted. If you decide to give £10 a month, it will only cost you £8 if you pay tax at the basic rate, £6 on 40% tax or £5 on 50% tax. Ask your payroll department if they already have a scheme or visit gov.uk for more information.
AmazonSmile – simply by registering at smile.amazon.co.uk you can donate 0.5% of purchases* made through the site to DCC. Here’s how you can sign up:
- Head over to www.smile.amazon.co.uk
- Sign in and choose ‘Your charity’ under ‘Your account’ section.
- Search for Dementia Carers Count then click Select
- Start Shopping! Every time you shop via Amazon Smile, we’ll receive 0.5%* of your purchases which will help us to continue to support family carers of people with dementia.
*Of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) on eligible purchases
If you are interested in supporting us through your company, please get in touch by email or call 020 3096 7894 – we’d love to hear from you and support you in every way we can.