Making a donation through Gift Aid is a tax-effective method of supporting the Dementia Carers Count. There are considerable tax incentives for donors. Both Gift Aid and Tax Return schemes are introduced by HMRC to enhance the value of donations to charities and reduce the amount of tax payable for donors.
- Make a secure one-off donation online
- Set up a secure regular giving online:
Tax benefit to donors
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can Gift Aid your donation, which means the HMRC will add 25% to your donation at no additional cost to you. For example:
- Your donation of £10,000 will mean £12,500 to us
- Your donation of £1,000 will mean £1,250 to us
- Your donation of £100 will mean £125 to us
TAX RETURN TO DONORS:
Higher rate taxpayers can claim the difference between the higher rate of tax 40% (or 45%) and the basic rate of tax 20% of the total gross value of their donation (including Gift Aid). The higher taxpayers on 45% tax can claim back 25% of the gross value of their donation. The higher tax payers on 40% can claim back 20% of the gross value of their donation as shown below:
- £12,500, you can claim back 20% = £2,500
- £1,250, you can claim back 20% = £250
To calculate the gross value of your donation and how much tax return you are entitled to, use the Gift Aid Calculator.
For more information, please contact our Director of Fundraising and Income Generation, Dr Fariba Kellaway at this firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 020 3096 7894