Homepage Forums Virtual Carers Centre How do I get a diagnosis? Reply To: How do I get a diagnosis?

Amanda Woodhead

You should speak with your husband’s GP about your concerns, they should be able to offer you advice and local support. The GP may be able to refer to your local memory assessment service, and work out ways to engage your husband if he is not completely on board. http://www.alzheimers.org have good advice for carers on how to manage their loved one’s behaviour when it feels disruptive or unsettled. You could also contact your local social services for a carer’s assessment, which would identify the support you provide and signpost to services in your area which may be able to support you. All the best to you.