This session will be led by Helen Moores-Poole
This session will outline some of the main considerations when decorating your house for Christmas and the positive and challenging effects this may have for the person with dementia.
This session is for you if:
- you would like to learn about how changes in the brain can affect how, and what the person can see and how they may interpret things in the environment
- you want to explore practical ways of decorating your house which will not cause stress or confusion to the person with dementia
- you want to increase your awareness of the challenges which may be created which we wouldn’t ordinarily think of
- you want to spend time with experienced healthcare professionals who will answer your questions in a safe, supportive environment
- you would like to meet other people who are taking care of a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation