This session will be led by Jane Stanfield
This session will explain what mental capacity means and the way in which it is assessed. The lasting powers of attorney roles and main considerations of a best interest decision for people who do not have capacity for a decision are also discussed.
This session is for you if:
- you would like to gain a better understanding the mental capacity act
- strategies to support a person to be involved in decision making
- what to do if the person does not have capacity for a decision
- you want to spend time with experienced healthcare professionals who will answer your questions in a safe, supportive environment
- you would like to meet other people who are taking care of a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation