Our experienced healthcare professionals will help you to recognise the signs and symptoms; understand prevention strategies; advice on how to access the correct treatment; and ways in which families and friends can help each other to feel less overwhelmed and more supported.
This course is for you if:
- you would like to understand the signs and symptoms of delirium and acute confusion
- you want to learn about the lasting consequences for both you and the person with dementia even after the condition has been treated
- you would like to feel supported with the feelings you may experience after an episode of delirium, this may include feelings of stress, exhaustion and anxiety
- you want to understand and explore prevention strategies and how to access correct treatments
- you would like to explore ways families and friends can help each other to feel less overwhelmed and more supported in the long term
- you would like your questions around sudden or extreme confusions addressed in a safe, supportive environment by healthcare professionals with experience of supporting people with dementia and their families
- you want meet other people who are supporting a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation
What will happen on the day
9.45-10.00 Arrival and refreshments
10.00-10.30 Welcome, hopes for the day
10.30-11.45 Morning session
12.30-13.15 Pre-lunch session
14.00-15.00 Afternoon session
15.15-16.00 Looking after yourself
16.00-16.20 Where are you now?
16.20-16.30 Questions and resolutions
Please note that our team recommend that you attend all sessions of this one-day course. Every element of the programme has been researched and planned and arriving late or leaving early will affect the benefits of the course for you and other attendees. If you are unable to attend all sessions, our team will work with you to find an alternative date that works better for you.
As a charity we do not make a profit. It costs us £125 per person to deliver our one-day courses, including lunch. Therefore, we invite course participants (or their employers) to donate to the charity on completion of the course, if they are able to. All donations, big or small, make such a difference. Donation forms will be provided at our courses. You can also donate using the donate button at the top right corner of this web page.