This course is only open to people who have previously attended one of our three-day courses.
People who have attended our three-day course have told us that they would like opportunity to return to refresh the knowledge they gained and access further support from our healthcare professionals and other people on the course.
On this one-day course you will have an opportunity to refresh your understanding of your friend or family member’s dementia and to explore different ways of responding to challenges. There will be time to think about your own well-being and you will be provided with a range of tools to enhance your resilience.
This course is for you if:
- You have previously attended one of our three-day courses.
- You want to refresh your knowledge the different types of dementia and how they affect the brain.
- You feel challenged by new situations and want to refresh your understanding of dementia and the changing brain.
- You would like to refresh you understanding of resilience and how to maintain your own well-being.
- You would like the opportunity to discuss strategies for looking after yourself and feel less overwhelmed.
- You want meet other people who are supporting a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation to you own.
This course provides the opportunity to refresh the skills and knowledge you gained on our three-day course.
What will happen on the day
9.45-10.00 Arrival and refreshments
10.00-10.30 Welcome, hopes for the day
10.30-11.45 Morning session
12.30-13.15 Pre-lunch session
14.00 – 15.00 Afternoon session
15.15-16.00 Looking after yourself
16.00-16.20 Where are you now?
16.20-30 Questions and resolutions
As a charity we do not make a profit. It costs us £125 per person to deliver our one-day courses, including lunch. Therefore, we invite course participants (or their employers) to donate to the charity on completion of the course, if they are able to. All donations, big or small, make such a difference. Donation forms will be provided at our courses. You can also donate using the donate button at the top right corner of this web page.
Please note that our team recommend that you attend all sessions of this one-day course. Every element of the programme has being researched and planned and arriving late or leaving early will affect the benefits of the course for you and other attendees. If you are unable to attend all sessions, our team will work with you to find an alternative date that works better for you.
To find out when this course is running please visit our one-day course schedule. If there are no courses listed or the course you wish to attend is booked out please email us at email@example.com or ring us on 020 3096 7895 to join the waiting list and we’ll get you on a course as soon as possible.