Are you helping to take care of a friend or family member with dementia who may be experiencing difficulties with continence?
On this one-day course we’ll explore the topic of continence and incontinence. Challenges with continence can sometimes occur for people with dementia and these challenges can have a range of consequences for both you and the person with dementia. This may include feelings of stress, exhaustion, anxiety or embarrassment.
This one-day course will provide the opportunity to learn more about maintaining continence or managing incontinence. Our experienced healthcare professionals will help you to: recognise the signs and symptoms; understand supportive strategies; access the correct resources and support; find ways in which families and friends can help you to feel less overwhelmed and more supported.
This course is for you if:
- you would like to understand about continence issues
- you want to learn about ways to support you and the person you care for
- you would like to feel able to talk openly with other people about the impact on you, which may include feelings of stress, exhaustion, anxiety or embarrassment
- you want to understand and explore prevention strategies and how to access the correct support
- you would like your questions around continence addressed in a safe, supportive environment by healthcare professionals with experience of supporting people with dementia and their families
- you want meet other people who are supporting a friend or family member with dementia in a similar situation
What will happen on the day
9.45-10.00 Arrival and refreshments
10.00-10.30 Welcome, hopes for the day
10.30-11.45 Morning session
12.30-13.15 Pre-lunch session
14.00-15.00 Afternoon session
15.15-16.00 Looking after yourself
16.00-16.20 Where are you now?
16.20-16.30 Questions and resolutions
As a charity we do not make a profit. It costs us £125 per person to deliver our one-day courses, including lunch. Therefore, we invite course participants (or their employers) to donate to the charity on completion of the course, if they are able to. All donations, big or small, make such a difference. Donation forms will be provided at our courses. You can also donate using the donate button at the top right corner of this web page.
Please note that our team recommend that you attend all sessions of this one-day course. Every element of the programme has been researched and planned and arriving late or leaving early will affect the benefits of the course for you and other attendees. If you are unable to attend all sessions, our team will work with you to find an alternative date that works better for you.
Please join the waiting list for this course and we’ll send you a course date as soon as possible.